- Licensing FAQ
- How do I buy a license?
- What is functions come with a Full license?
- When do I need to buy my license by?
- I’ve placed my order for the license but have not received anything yet. How is the license delivered to me?
- Now that I’ve received my license, how do I apply it?
- Can I continue running my DIY without a license? Why do I need to buy one? Haven’t I invested enough money in my setup already?
- Why can I no longer find my provider on Grafana?
- I have multiple providers, do I need just one license to cover them all?
- I’ve bought an XA Miner, do I need to buy a license?
- Can licenses be transferred?
- How can I pay for the license?
- How long does the license last?
Frequently asked questions by Storage Providers about licensing
In March 2022, licenses were announced as a requirement for DIY providers to continue receiving data from SCP Corp customers along with incentives. It is important for the integrity of the data stored on the network that providers are stable, with high uptime and without much churn (Providers joining/leaving based on current profitability). A Full licensed DIY provider is considered an Xa-Miner for all intents and purposes
How do I buy a license?
In the Xa-Miner online store
What is functions come with a Full license?
The Full license gives you the full GUI similar to the Xa-Miner’s GUI plus in future the ability to do KYC which may well be required by certain customer segments, qualifying Full license holders to be able to store this data. Take a look at the Xa-Miner UI Walkthrough here to see part of the Full License benefits
When do I need to buy my license by?
While there are currently no deadlines by which you need to purchase a license, any unlicensed provider will now no longer receive contracts and therefore data from SCP Corp. Existing unlicensed providers may well have already started to see contracts not being renewed and stored data amounts dropping so as an existing provider, the sooner you purchase a license the better if you plan to continue to be a provider in the network.
I’ve placed my order for the license but have not received anything yet. How is the license delivered to me?
Once processed you will receive your license key via e-mail. Using the same e-mail in the Console as you used to place the order, you will see the license there once processed
Now that I’ve received my license, how do I apply it?
- Visit https://console.xns.tech
- Create an account if you haven’t already. Make sure your account email matches the billing email of your license purchase on the Xa-Miner website
- Once signed in, navigate to the Licenses page listed on the left of the Console
- The system will find your license if you correctly entered the email you used to purchase
- Begin entering your Provider ID. It requires 3 characters for auto suggest to find it, or you can paste the whole string
- Once your enter your Provider ID, verify the details are correct and continue on
Can I continue running my DIY without a license? Why do I need to buy one? Haven’t I invested enough money in my setup already?
Providers may operate on the ScPrime protocol/network without a license, but they will not receive data from XNS and they will have no indemnity from storing illegal or illicit material. Anyone may download the open source tools and upload data to the network but only licensed providers are exclusive to XNS data.
Revenue from licensing is used by SCP Corp. to market XNS to potential customers and to produce better software and features
Why can I no longer find my provider on Grafana?
Unlicensed providers are no longer shown on Grafana
I have multiple providers, do I need just one license to cover them all?
You need one license per provider. Whether you have one PC running two providers or two PC’s running a provider on each, you need two licenses.
I’ve bought an XA Miner, do I need to buy a license?
No, the Xa-Miner has built in licensing
Can licenses be transferred?
Yes, licenses are fully transferable between providers.
How can I pay for the license?
Credit card, Paypal, Crypto (via Coinbase Commerce), Crypto directly (Bitcoin, Eth, USDC, USDT)
How long does the license last?
Licenses are intended as life-time. While there may come a time when the XNS network brings additional features like Compute, Block/File, CDN that could require license modules, the core storage license is forever